The Senior Security Engineer for the Operations Department will handle all areas in network security architecture, operational security, and assessing risk for networks and applications.
- Provide senior information security expertise on recommending, evaluating, engineering, integrating, testing, documenting, maintaining, and operating security monitoring initiatives.
- Responsible for implementation, configuration and monitoring of security architecture and technologies, such as IDS, WAF, SEIM and all other security gear.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement through monitoring of all security data and logs.
- Ensuring network segmentation and implementing security and network security controls to mitigate outstanding risks.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external web integrity scans to assess company risk.
- Driving policy and coordinating all internal or external audits relating to Match.com business.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone to provide security support, as needed.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- 5+ years of IT security is required in a large-scale enterprise
- 4+ years experience with highly available web applications.
- Working experience with web applications and databases, service oriented architecture, authentication mechanisms and security architecture.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills to facilitate resolution of security issues and to support maintenance of an effective controls environment.
- Operational experience and broad knowledge of security and IT policy.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations that relate to Internet security, including Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to present findings and recommendations, prepare documentation, and interact with management and staff at various levels of technical expertise
- Self-starter and able to work in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- GIAC and/or CISSP certification is preferred
- Knowledge of programming and/or scripting languages to assist in developing security management software or web applications a plus (Java, Perl, PHP, Python, .NET, etc.)
- Working experience with UNIX a plus
Match.com - 2 years ago
In April of 2015, Match turns 20 years old as one of less than a handful of tech companies born in 1995 that still leads its category. And...