Design, develop and maintain key components of the Mesirow Financial Sharepoint Platform using Microsoft .Net and SharePoint Server. Participate in requirements analysis and develop solutions for all tiers of the application: user interface, middle-tier business components, database layer, etc. Be a key contributor to innovation and build proof of concept examples that can be leveraged across the enterprise. Other responsibilities may include:
- Architecture and design of SharePoint implementations using best practices.
- Implementation and customization of SharePoint-based solutions
- Implementation of SharePoint-based workflows
- Microsoft .NET development to extend and augment the SharePoint platform
- Development of custom web parts
- Design and development of Business Intelligence dashboards
Other skills required for this position include:
- Design and code superior technical solutions.
- Create well designed, reusable objects.
- Create and execute project work plans, revising as necessary to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Communicate and enforce best practice coding standards.
- Consistently deliver high-quality applications on schedule.
- Communicate complex information effectively to team and business
- Should be comfortable with direct communication with all levels of technical and business resources.
- 7+ years’ work experience with the following languages and tools:
- .NET based language (C#, VB.Net)
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and MOSS 2007
- SQL Server 2008/2012 and SQL Reporting Services
- Experience using Visual Studio or related IDE
- Experience with a variety of Content Management Systems
- Team Foundation Server, a plus
- SharePoint Technologies (Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Office SharePoint Server, InfoPath, Forms Services, Excel Services, Search, Business Data Catalog and Web Services) in a variety of business environments
- Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web applications
- Understand browser-specific compatibility issues
- Expertise in the design, implementation, and deployment of user-centric software, with focus on usability.
- Experience creating 3rd party authentication for external partner portals
- Bachelors or Associate degree in IT discipline. 7+ years in .NET development desired. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Microsoft development certifications, a plus.
- Creativity and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines, as necessary
- Excellent command of English language
- Advanced oral and written communication skills; strong proofreading skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of business users
- Positive, productive team player
- Desire to learn new skills and improve
Mesirow Financial - 17 months ago
Mesirow Financial Holdings is an employee-owned company with nearly $380 million in equity investments and a global reach. Clients,...