Tagged makes social discovery products that enable anyone to meet and socialize with new people. We're building toward a vision where anyone can use a device to instantly connect with interesting new people. Our mission is to help everyone feel love and belonging.
About the Analytics Team
Millions of members use and love our market-leading social discovery products, and their user engagement has provided Tagged with 4+ years of detailed data on social interactions. Our dataset grows quickly, with 10+ million visitors, 5+ billion page views, and 50+ terabytes of additional data loaded every month. The Analytics team at Tagged derives meaningful and actionable insights from the data produced by these users.
About the Job
As a Tagged Data Scientist, you have a passion for Big Data and the social space, and a strong curiosity about how people engage with our products. Aided by the massive datasets created by the millions of people who use our product every day, you will seek to explain when and why people choose to visit Tagged. Daily Active Users (DAU) is Tagged's primary success metric, and your position will be front and center in understanding what drives this metric. We are committed to understanding our users and their interactions at a fundamental level, and you will be instrumental to Tagged's success.
As a DAU (Daily Active Users) investigator, you must have a capacity to work in multiple disciplines as you mine and experiment on Tagged's social network data. For starters, you must be able to experiment and refine hypotheses like a social scientist, but also to clearly explain your insights to a larger team, with whom you will work to turn understanding into actionable insights. You must also be able to work as a data engineer in order to define and develop the means to acquire your experimental data in the first place.
- Own the understanding of user acquisition, interaction, retention, and attrition
- Use advanced statistical knowledge as well as model development and testing to iteratively increase model performance
- Identify the factors that are driving changes in user activity and engagement
- Work with all levels and teams, applying your deep understanding of our users to point out how changes in product and features impact our users (both positively and negatively)
- Develop deep understanding and empathy for people who use our products
- Help create tools in terms of visualizations to help others glean new insights
- PhD in a science-related discipline with extensive experience in math and/or statistics
- 2+ years experience in the social space working with user data
- 5+ years working with the following languages and tools: R, Matlab, Python, Java and/or Scala, culminating in high proficiency
- 3+ years working with high-volume data, preferably with exposure to Hadoop ecosystem technologies
- 3+ years experience with SQL, strong abilities
- Excellent modeling skills, including ability to clearly define a problem in terms of objectives, constraints, and assumptions
- Experience working with a great variety of challenging datasets
- Insatiable curiosity about social interactions, especially in an online context
- Rigorous approach to statistics, data quality, and experimental design
- Ability to tell a story through data: for your own understanding, for other data scientists, and for colleagues, including those with limited domain expertise
Tagged is the social network for meeting new people. While other offerings focus almost exclusively on existing relationships, Tagged has...