Interested in building a new business in the Cloud? AWS is looking for a Sr. Software Development Manager to be part of the New Initiative Team. This leader will own staffing and managing an engineering team, setting the team culture, best practices, and planning. The successful candidate will be able to deal with ambiguity and will need to think big!
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the potential of cloud computing, and about building simple and elegant software solutions and customer-centric products. This leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. The candidate is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. They are a seasoned, mature engineering leader, someone who is comfortable building teams, developing staff, and building a culture of high quality and efficient execution. AWS in general, and this business in particular, operates at very large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
- Founding member of new business team responsible for recruiting and managing the software development team that will execute against the new product roadmap.
- Key member of business leadership team responsible for setting overall business strategy, defining the product roadmap, managing the development and day to day operations of the business, and developing and retaining talent.
- Delivering against key product features and performance specifications on time and on budget
- Managing overall development and operating budgets.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving ability
- Experience with Object oriented design and development
- Experience in C/C++/Java, OOP, Web Services and Server architectures
- Experience managing teams of software development engineers
- Demonstrated technical leadership of both people and projects
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Experience and interest in helping teams resolve critical site issues under extreme time pressure
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, work cross-functionally, and build consensus on difficult issues and communicate clearly and effectively
- Experience and ability to develop processes and procedures which will enhance the overall service quality of Services for our customers and developers
- Focus on peer mentoring, code reviews, architectural consultancy and team-work
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
- Experience building applications on mobile devices
- Candidates should demonstrate superior project management and engineering management skills.
- Should possess strong customer focus
- Candidates must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience designing for scalability, reliability and performance
- Participating in non-technical aspects of the company including idea generation, business analysis and process optimization
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...