At Amazon Web Services, we like to “work backwards”: start by understanding what customers need and using that to guide our software engineering. We’re looking for software engineers passionate and experienced in listening to customers, synthesizing their needs, and rapidly iterating our services to quickly put features into customers’ hands. Our best ideas become even better when we get feedback from real customer use. The sooner we can get that feedback, the more quickly we can grow.
Customers using AWS Direct Connect establish high capacity connections between their existing IT infrastructure and the AWS cloud, enabling seamless integration and inter-operation of the two infrastructures. We listen closely to what customers tell us and translate those ideas into well designed web-services and web-based user interfaces that exceed our customers' high expectations.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day, software engineers might whip up a prototype to prove or disprove an idea, instrument code to report a new metric, talk with customers, code up a feature, or draft a proposal for a radical new idea.
If this interests you, we’d like to talk. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fieldMinimum of eight years software development experience in a modern programming language, such as C, C++, Java, or Scala
- Alternatively (no degree) minimum of ten years of professional software development experience
- Minimum 3 years experience communicating business and technical ideas to audiences including external customers and senior leadership
- Minimum 5 years experience running services on Linux/Unix environment
* Please email Patrick Cullen (email@example.com) if you have questions.*
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science
- Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
Amazon.com - 23 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...