We are looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about building high performance, scalable, and functional server-side applications. This individual will be a key part of the overall Engineering organization, building a variety of services that support the overall Tout platform.
Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
Desired Candidate Qualifications:
- Maintain and enhance the Tout.com application; build and deploy new features that add value to the Tout platform.
- Build cutting-edge systems that move and process large volumes of data in an efficient, robust, and scalable fashion.
- Collaborate as part of the Engineering team to architect, design, and build systems based on common standards and best practices.
- Constantly monitor performance and other metrics to proactively identify issues and recommend changes and new features.
- Become a domain expert on key technologies used by the Tout platform.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- A BS degree in computer science/engineering with a minimum of 5 years software development experience developing server-side applications.
- Deep knowledge of and expertise in one or more languages commonly used to build large scale data processing applications (e.g. Scala, Erlang, Java, Server-side JS).
- Proven experience building Internet-scale systems and delivering them in a 24x7, high availability production environment.
- Solid understanding and practical experience in object oriented design and programming, design patterns and the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of SQL, and experience working with and writing high performance code optimized for SQL databases.
- Experience building systems that scale to service hundreds of requests per second from millions of clients.
- Comfortable in a start-up environment where innovation and change is the norm.
- Delivers using a collaborative approach to development and a commitment to the teamwork required to execute on company initiative.
- Experience developing software using Agile processes.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate complex information to diverse audiences both speaking and in writing.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Experience developing and/or integrating with RESTful and OAuth-based APIs, especially in the social networking space.
- Experience working with cloud technologies, such as Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Cloudfront, and with the architecture of applications deployed in a cloud environment.
- Experience writing applications for Node.js.
- Hands-on experience working with NoSQL data stores (e.g. MongoDB, Redis) is a plus.
- Specific experience building applications that record, analyze, transcode, and/or deliver video at scale.
- Experience building text search applications at scale with commonly used libraries and tools (e.g. Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch).
- An understanding of how to architect and build ‘Big Data’ applications based on commonly used tools and frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Pig, Hive, etc.).
Tout Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.