Posting Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer, Common Services Tier
Requisition #: 136009BR
Posting Location: United States - Colorado - Denver
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description:
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Web Development Engineer for our Architecture, Development & Engineering Web Services Department.
The Web Services team occupies a unique, strategic role within Time Warner Cable with a large degree of autonomy in architecting and building Web portal, application and B2B solutions. In addition to leadership around traditional Web platforms, this group also performs pioneering work in cross-platform video services to set-top boxes, networked media appliances and mobile Web applications. The solutions developed by this group are deployed to audiences in excess of 10M unique users per month.
The Web Services team is located in downtown Denver (LoDo), in an open, state-of-the-art office space designed to enable collaborative agile development. Our team strives to work with the best people and technology possible! We offer all of our Engineers the latest Apple hardware. In our office we provide free soda and juice, varying snacks and fresh fruit. We also provide all of our employees with a RTD EcoPass which makes it easy and convenient to get downtown no matter where you are at in the Denver metro area. We also offer each Engineer opportunities for technical training and advancement depending on project needs.
Our team offers an excellent work/life balance including flexible schedules, and great healthcare options. Our office is literally steps away from the Cherry Creek Bike/Running path if you'd like to go for a run or bike ride, and we are very close to Coors Field and the Pepsi Center so it's easy to catch a Rockies game or go see the Avalanche. Our dress code is casual and many of our Engineers enjoy wearing shorts and sandals when weather permits.
Essential Job Functions:
The selected candidate will design, develop and test scalable, interactive Web applications for the presentation of rich media, dynamic content, communications services, and subscriber utilities for timewarnercable.com in conjunction with implementing an exciting, feature-rich, JVM-based webCMS for multiple TWC Marketing teams.
- Apply Web 2.0 technologies in architecting and implementing services which pursue the company’s mission of connecting people and businesses with information, entertainment and each other in ways that are simple and easy.
- Demonstrate experience with high volume, long-life projects, balancing feature velocity, long-term maintenance costs, and operational effort.
- Monitor industry trends and advocate for Web development best-practices to maintain and enhance the product's leadership position in the industry.
3-5 years of demonstrated experience with core Web technologies (HTTP, HTML 5, CSS, JSON)
- with JVM based open-source languages, tools and frameworks (such as Java, Scala/Lift, Groovy/Grails, Spring, Lucene/Solr)
- with core Web technologies (HTTP, HTML 5, CSS, Frameworks, Caching).
- Experience developing dynamic Web applications at scale ( >1M+ monthly unique visitors).
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, Test-Driven-Development and Continuous-Integration methods.
- Demonstrate willingness to adapt to emerging technological changes.
- Work and communicate well with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrate a high standard of work ethics.
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated expertise in implementing and consuming RESTful Web Services.
- Demonstrated experience with server side technologies such as JSP
- Demonstrated experience with modern languages such as Scala, Clojure, and CoffeeScript
- Experience with testing frameworks such as TestNG, Spock, ScalaTest, Jasmine, and PhantomJS
- Experience with HTML 5 development for Mobile Devices
- Experience with distributed NoSQL solutions such as the Java Content Repository
- Demonstrated experience with User Interface Design and Usability.
- Demonstrated experience with Web analytics.
- Experience with Adobe Day CQ5/CRX CMS
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Travel 10 %
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00332 - Broomfield Airport
Time Warner Cable - 15 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...