Rearden Commerce ,reator of the Deem™ commerce platform, is transforming commerce on behalf of buyers and sellers. Through a suite of interoperable smart applications, the Deem platform is designed to leverage big data, analytics and semantics technology to optimize the exchange of goods, services, and information with personalization and repeat value to drive customer loyalty. Deem is distributed globally by more than 40 strategic partners including American Express and JPMorgan Chase — connecting millions of consumers and over 35,000 business customers across every market segment to more than 1.2 million merchants. Rearden Commerce is headquartered in Foster City, California.
Th Deem commerce platform is designed to connect buyers and sellers via Absolute Relevance™ technology. Deem leverages big data, social collaboration, game-mechanics, semantics and advanced machine learning to optimize the exchange of goods, services and information between buyers and sellers, resulting in the web's most personalized one-to-one marketplace.
Do you live, breath, and dream about great user interfaces? Do you take pride in designing and implementing UI components that are simple and intuitive for users? If so, we definitely want to hear from you. We are looking for seasoned senior software web developer with the passion and experience necessary to design, develop, and support our next generation high-volume Travel platform.
In your Role you will own the architecture, design, and implementation of the online travel applications and will be responsible for delivering new capabilities in a timely manner with high quality. You will have autonomy and responsibility for the following:
- Work very closely with product management to refine requirements, product features, and use cases into UI designs and workflows
- Design and develop a world class travel user experience (with a focus on performance, scalability and maintainability)
- Write robust unit and component tests and be proactive in developing testability features for QA
- Understand, instrument, and trouble-shoot production issues
- Provide user experience guidance and mentor junior engineers
- You will also have the opportunity to design and extend our travel mobile offerings in the near-future
- 5+years java web development experience
- Experience with Grails, Spring and YUI/jQuery is a big plus
- Demonstrated project ownership and drive; from design to production
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible – able to adapt plans and react to change
- Fast learner, able to pick up new ideas and approaches quickly, enjoys brainstorming
on design and loves problem solving with a strong focus on teamwork
- Understanding of Scrum or other agile development practices
- BS in Computer Science or related
- Experience with high-volume transactional systems that exhibit excellent RASP (reliability, availability, scalability, performance) characteristics.
- Experience in interfacing and integrating with any of the legacy travel reservation (GDS) and airline hosting (ARS) systems including Sabre, Apollo, Worldspan, Galileo and Amadeus is a plus.
Rearden Commerce, Inc. - 24 months ago