GFI Software is looking for an experienced Linux C++ Software Developer to work on our VIPRE threat detection and remediation engine SDK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, test, and debug applications using C/C++ on Linux.
- Design, implement, test, and debug application cross-platform libraries for Windows, Linux, and MAC.
- In addition to writing new code, must be able to refactor existing code.
- Work as part of a fast-moving team to meet aggressive schedules for internal and external SDK customers.
- Analyze and resolve third-party integration issues.
- Create and maintain internal system specifications as well as customer-facing how-to manuals and API-level documentation.
- Incorporate unit tests into new and legacy code.
- Stay curious about technology. Maintain up-to-date knowledge necessary to create state-of-the-art software utilizing trade journals, the internet, and other sources
- Requires at least five years of experience with Object-Oriented-Design and development in a Linux environment, including daemon development experience.
- Experience with web and email servers, protocols, and utilities desired.
- Experience in Windows and/or MAC development a plus.
- Must demonstrate strong problem-solving, analysis, and code debugging skills including real-time debugging as well as crash dump and log analysis.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with established Agile software development methodologies and with test-driven development.
- Understanding of Change Management tools.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
Indeed - 18 months ago