We’re seeking a talented and highly motivated software engineer to help us design and build a scalable, high-performance, cloud-based platform to handle large-scale data storage and processing. Developing this infrastructure will present many interesting technical challenges to solve in the areas of distributed computing, high-performance computing, and high availability.
Education and Experience
- Responsible for building scalable data platform using open source technologies that collects data from mobile devices.
- Analyze and improve scalability and stability of data collection, storage processes, transformation and serving.
- Develop required tools to automate management of all facets of data operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong computer programming skills, with emphasis on Linux-based distributed systems
- Strong proficiency in big data (including SQL, NOSQL and geo-spatial)
- Knowledge of Cloud based data architecture
- Experience designing REST data services
- Programming skills: Python / django, C/C++, SQL
- Prefer to work in a nimble and dynamic environment, with strong emphasis on ownership and responsibility
- Comfortable developing in Linux environment
- Contributions to one or more open source projects
- Collaboration methodologies using Git
- Strong communication and organizational skills
RootMetrics - 14 months ago