Vuclip is the world’s largest independent mobile video service. Every day we serve more than 25 million video clips to consumers in 200 countries. We help people search, discover and share online videos, and play them on any internet enabled device. We work with content partners, operators, advertisers and OEMs to give consumers the richest mobile video experience possible. We are a late-stage start up with a strong track record and are funded by two top-tier venture capital firms. The Vuclip team is 120 people strong with offices in Milpitas, Delhi, Singapore, Beijing and Shenzhen. To learn more about the company, please go to: www.vuclip.com - try out Vuclip on your phone at: m.vuclip.com
Key Responsibilities & Accountability
- Engage with key stakeholders, internal and external, to understand the product and user requirements of the solutions we are creating.
- Generate appropriate design documents, wireframes and other forms of documentation
- Establish a necessary communication with various teams involved.
- Analyze, design & implement the solutions to address new requirements or bugs.
- Generate unit tests and other testing strategies to ensure the product quality.
- R&D activities on various platforms/technologies, product features.
- Expected to learn new technologies quickly, adapt the product to new platforms.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Experience working with network and application protocols like: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS.
- Experience working with Linux based systems.
- Experience working with and designing solutions that use large scale non-relational or relational databases.
- Experience with a dynamic component model like OSGi is a plus.
- Experience within an Agile development methodology, in particular Scrum would be beneficial.
- Previous work with large scale networks and systems.