Sr. Software Engineer
The work will be completed on customer site located in Alexandria, VA. Must be a U.S. Citizen. DHS/CBP Background Investigation is a plus. Candidates without DHS/CBP BI must be clearable.
The Homeland & Civilian Solutions Business Unit (HCSBU) of our client has a job opening for a Senior Java Developer to support an Operations & Maintenance (O&M) program for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in Northern Virginia. The ideal candidate will have a Masters of Science degree with at least six (6) years of technical experience maintaining complex applications in diverse technical environments.
The candidate will be part of a software engineering team responsible for supporting the operations and performing adaptive, corrective and enhancements on DHS systems. He/she will perform various system development lifecycle tasks, including analyzing, developing, and unit testing fixes for defects and/or system enhancement requests. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are required. The candidate must able to work in a structured environment, following DHS and CBP Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) defined processes and procedures. He/she will be responsible for leading and mentoring junior developers. Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills that enable him or her to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Possession of a Masters degree from an accredited college/university in a relevant field. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- In addition to education requirements, a minimum of six (6) years of technical development experience with a focus on providing O&M support in a diverse technical environment with high levels of transactions.
- Experience completing development activities utilizing a combination of the following technologies: WebSphere Java/J2EE, EJBs, JSPs, AJAX, XML, Apache Maven, JUnit, MQ Series, EDI, and AIX .
- Experience working with one or more of the following databases technologies : DB2 / SQLJ / JDBC; IBM Data Server/Driver for JDBC and SQLJ; and pureXML, SQL/XML and XQuery (including JDBC standard SQLXML data types).
- Strong organizational skills, communication/presentation skills, technical writing skills and attention to detail.
- This position is subject to successful completion of a DHS/CBP Background Investigation (BI).
- Experience completing O&M development work using an Agile methodology is a plus.
- Technical certifications in the above technologies are desirable.
- Already successfully completed a DHS/CBP Background Investigation (BI).
- Prior experience working within the DHS or CBP environments is desirable.
Sr. Software Engineer
Arena Technical Resources - 22 months ago