Reports To: Sr Manager, Business Process Applications
Department: BPA Software
Complete Genomics is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to design and build scalable enterprise applications to enable effective tracking and automation of our lab and data processing pipelines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop integrated workflow solutions to automate and manage processes used by our high throughput human genome sequencing production factory
- Interact with internal stakeholders to determine, analyze, formalize and document user requirements
- Translate requirements into robust and modular designs
- Develop and maintain enterprise Java and/or Node.js applications
- Perform other work related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with minimum 12 years of experience; or Master’s degree with minimum 8 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience as technical lead in designing and architecting scalable enterprise data management solutions
- 8+ years’ experience designing complex multi-layer applications, 5+ years in commercial software development or the equivalent
- Strong database design and development experience
- Experience building Workflow systems preferred
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with both technical and non-technical parties
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Energetic and motivated self-starter
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment
- Good collaboration and communication skills, ability to participate on interdisciplinary teams
- Successful experiences collaborating with scientists in life-science organizations (biotech, pharma, genomics, bioinformatics) preferred
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...