In the Production Engineering team at Walt Disney Animation Studios, we build tools and manage systems that artists use daily to create celebrated feature animation films. The volume and diversity of data manipulated during the film-making process demand that our high performance computing and storage environments are stable, scalable, and robust. We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer with expertise in multi-threaded development in a high performance computing environment to innovate and support the next generation of production engineering tools needed for our current and future films. Some of the production engineering design challenges we face are manipulating complex multi-threaded data constructs used for scheduling high performance computing tasks, designing robust and scalable tools to connect to and utilize database structures, and visualizing complex data for analysis and trending.
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated expertise in design and development of multi-threaded complex processes in a high performance computing environment. Critical to success in this role is an aptitude for working with a technical team to develop requirements, strategies, and to support the production engineering software infrastructure.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
• 4+ years of object-oriented programming and design
• Experience using C++ in a professional high performance computing environment
• Demonstrated expertise in design and development of multi-threaded applications
• Knowledge of TCP/IP network programming and related technologies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly in working within teams and among stakeholders
• UNIX/Linux development environment
• SQL database development
• Virtualization technology experience a plus
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures.