The Senior Software Engineer as a member of the engineering team is considered a subject matter expert on Application Servers. This position will act as a main contact point between System Engineering and R&D, with the main role of ensuring that the appropriate level of attention is provided to each issue found including the proper level and focus of technical support. This person will be a technical R&D representative and will produce ‘fixes’ for the issues found in the Application area.
Success in this role requires a strong desire to troubleshoot complex problems and a passion for product and customer success.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Work closely with system engineering and internal engineering teams in supporting new features and services;
- Troubleshoot and fix the issues identified and publish Hot Fixes;
- Manage, implement, and continuously improve processes and tools for diagnostics, troubleshooting, and issue resolution related to technical stack and applications, and scale the infrastructure to meet demand;
- Determine fixes to the design or code for highly complex problems, build patches and build HFR;
- Collaborate with other teams to build patches or coordinate fixes;
- Demonstrate significant understanding of the product architectures of the entire solution suite within the account;
- Manage, Troubleshoot and resolve client help tickets and internal tasks in timely manner;
- Communicate plan, progress, and issues in a timely manner;
- Translate and manage complex technical issues through strong collaboration across teams;
- Provide status to the supervisor on regular basis and escalate complex/time sensitive issues;
- Firmly establish self in role as a “trusted technical contact point”;
- Drive root-cause-analysis for each case and/or fault;
- Continuously identify improvements to applications and processes.
- 6+ years’ programming experience in Java & J2EE Technologies (EJB/JSP/ Servlets/JMS) using Weblogic, Websphere or JBOSS;
- 1 year of experience in supporting high performance multi-threaded applications;
- 3+ years of experience in working in a T3 support role with highly volume production sites;
- 1 years of experience with Hibernate & Spring;
- 3 years of technical support, software installation, presales or R&D experience in a software company;
- 3 years of hands-on experience supporting Java based web applications;
- 3 years of hands-on experience with application (Tomcat, Weblogic) and Database server (SQL server) configuration, monitoring, trending, network design, high availability, including clustering and load balancing;
- Ability to understand and read log files & willingness to go into details to understand the root cause of the issue;
- Available for On-Call duties, which may include weekends and holidays.;
- Successful completion of Verint background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification;
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Ability to diagnose technical system performance issues;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to tailor the explanation of technical concepts to a broad audience which may include varying levels of understanding and perspectives;
- Highly motivated with an ability to execute independently.
- CTI, Microsoft OS, Security experience;
- 3 years’ experience in a customer facing role within a technology environment strongly desired;
- Experience with Security such as Single Sign-On with Windows & other IT security aspects including Weblogic integration.
Verint Systems Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard