The Software Engineer works in continuous product development team and is responsible for the design, development, package and maintenance of web based applications – travel might happen only on rare occasions.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Works on customer cases to resolve product issues;
- Works on packaging and releasing products;
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications;
- Will contribute to continuous component and product architectural designs;
- Participates in the unit testing, test case reviews, and certification of software;
- Conducts, participates in design/code reviews;
- Offers improvements to maintenance problems, design limitation, product reliability and features for future product direction;
- May engage in limited research, including investigating new technologies to improve current products;
- Work in a team environment, soliciting input from various project members and utilizing the existing project experience base to all development work;
- Works with minimal or no supervision.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical engineering degree, or equivalent industry experience and/or education;
- 3+ years of application software development experience;
- Object-oriented analysis and design experience;
- Must possess exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized person, ability to juggle multiple priorities and parallel projects;
- Successful completion of Verint background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification;
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.
- Design and development experience with version control and build tools like ClearCase, Git, Ant, Maven, etc;
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is an advantage: WebLogic, Web Services (Axis, SOAP), JUnit, C++, XSL;
- Experience with both web client side and server side development.