Currently, Chubb is seeking a Specialty Underwriting Associate for our Tampa Territory. Position can be located in Tampa or Birmingham. Payband will be dependant upon candidates experience.
This position provides assistance to assigned Chubb Specialty underwriter(s) in managing an assigned renewal book of business, performing policy processing functions and renewal risk analysis, calculating renewal rating and documenting changes to risk, recommending processing approach, and responding to agency requests. Provide new line support for grid underwriting accounts. Contribute to the achievement of customer group or specialty goals, as well as corporate goals relating to growth, profit, renewal retention, rate, exposure, service, and producer relationships.
• Conducts name clearance and processes all transactions in applicable Chubb System.
• Processes cancellations, BORs, and countersigning. Researches and resolves premium discrepancies and compliance related issues.
• Books, binds, and issue new line and renewal policies, mid-terms endorsements, and cancellations in applicable rating and issuance systems in accordance with standardized workflows and roles and responsibilities.
• Proactively assists with account management and achievement of service goals.
• Communicates with agents/brokers and underwriters on status of open items.
• Ensures electronic file integrity
• Coordinates renewal process for the underwriter. Reviews renewal submission for technical completeness and follows up with producer for missing information. Analyzes renewal account-specific information (including, but not limited to, loss information, financials, application, etc.) Creates underwriting analysis template and documents template with renewal changes for referral to the underwriter. Rates renewal policies and determines pricing strategy in conjunction with underwriter. Coordinates the quotation process and completes quotes letter for referral to the underwriter.
• Completes and follows up on Manuscript Endorsement Requests.
• Provides new line rating, quoting and issuance support for template underwriting initiatives
• Coordinates renewal process for the underwriter. Reviews renewal submission for technical completeness and follows up with producer for missing information.
• Attend relevant SUA/underwriting training, OSD/UW department meetings, and renewal account reviews as appropriate.
The individual in this position must have strong communication, multi-tasking, organizational, and customer service skills. In addition, the individual must demonstrate the following skills:
• Proficient in Word and Excel.
• Mathematical aptitude.
• Basic understanding of financial concepts and terminology.
• Self-starter with strong time management and prioritization skills.
• Ability to organize work and perform within time constraints.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing business environment.
• Demonstrates solid verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum High School diploma or equivalent. Previous Insurance experience in similar role is prefereed
Chubb Group - 9 months ago