Sr. Staff Engineer, Research
ID 2012-1614 Job Location US-CA-San Francisco
Category Engineering -Research
More information about this job:
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including insatiably curious engineers and scientists for our advanced technology group. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
- Job scope spans from problem formation thru conception, design, implementation, demonstration, and evaluation of innovative audio coding solutions.
- This position will include short term directed research, longer term speculative research, as well as the opportunity to propose new topics for investigation.
- PhD, or MS in electrical engineering with seven or nine year’s experience in digital audio, respectively.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct original research in audio coding in the form of technical papers, products, or patents.
- Proficiency in digital signal processing theory and applications.
- Extensive experience digital signal processing algorithm development
- Proficiency in C/C++ language programming.
- Expertise in two or more of the following:
1. Psychoacoustics and perceptual coding,
2. Familiarity with audio coding standards such as Dolby Digital Plus, and MPEG AAC,
3. Speech coding.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team-oriented work ethic.
- Strong interest in learning new technologies.
- Experience with acoustic modeling software such as EASE.
- Experience with real time analysis tools such as SMART.
- Working knowledge of audio hardware interfaces, e.g. MADI, ASIO, etc.
The Scientist Careers - 17 months ago
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. develops and delivers products and technologies that improve the entertainment experience. The Company’s...