Reporting to the Sr Director of Engineering, the Senior Staff QA Engineer is responsible for providing support in the functional area of Development Team , which may include collaboratively building automation test frameworks along side the Development Team and may include general administrative tasks.
- Work together with senior architects and engineers to develop and test Nominum’s N2 Platform.
- Automate product validation via acceptance, negative, scale and performance test cases via a Java automation framework.
- Create and execute Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Log and track Bugs in the Bug tracking system, and follow them through to resolution.
- Setup and maintain test environments and test software.
Education and/or Experience:
- 6+ years software development of tools, test frameworks and/or web services in a successful, highly scalable consumer-focused web-services company.
- 6+ years developing software and/or QA work that includes significant automation development.
- Experience performing integration tests on globally distributed systems.
- Prior work experience coding in Java or other OOP programming languages.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and technical troubleshooting skills focused around networking and distributed systems.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium.
- Experience working with databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, etc.
- Background in System Administration or experience setting up and configuring systems.
- Experience using Unix-based source control systems such as Subversion, Git, etc.
- Experience with VMware, vCenter, and vSphere.
- Experience with DNS implementations and deployment.
- Experience with proxies.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or comparable degree/work experience.
Nominum - 12 months ago