SENIOR STAFF SCIENTIST, TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE
The Senior Scientist will provide leadership in the application of cancer genome data sciences to translational medicine problems. The Senior Scientist’s effort will be focused on client funded translational medicine projects. This position will be based in Ann Arbor, MI.
- The scientist will be expected to exhibit scientific leadership of cancer genome data sciences.
- Provide scientific review, and ensure that results intended for internal and external customers are presented clearly and effectively.
- Strong scientific and technical leadership is expected, along with ability to foster collaboration and innovation from the Translational Medicine team.
- Partner with bioinformatics colleagues to develop and assess bioinformatics strategies.
- Contribute to the development of innovative methods, software platforms, and infrastructure.
- Support and/or lead the development of scientific presentations for scientific conferences and publications.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- PhD and/or MD in relevant field required.
Requires demonstrated expertise and experience working with cancer genomics data, along with a solid understanding of tumor biology and oncogenic signaling pathways.
- Requires a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant post-graduate experience in a translational medicine related field.
Proven scientific excellence exemplified by lead author publications in high impact trade journals and/or significant contributions to industry programs.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Requires ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English language.
Prior work experience in industry or tenure-track academic position preferred.
Solid understanding of common statistical approaches used with genomic data preferred.
Office is a casual work environment, with occasional travel required
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Life Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
To apply for this position, please visit the Life Technologies web site and search for this posting by the Auto req ID or by City: Ann Arbor .
Life Technologies - 13 months ago
Life Technologies is a global biotechnology tools company providing premier systems, consumables, and services for scientific researchers...