Sr. Staff Software Engineer
Spirent Communications is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
Sr. Staff Software Engineer
We are seeking a highly experienced Sr. Staff Software Engineer for contributing to ongoing development and enhancements to our flagship product, Spirent TestCenter.
The position requires architecture definition, design definition and hands-on software development. The candidate must also be capable of providing technical leadership and mentoring to other engineers on the team.
- 15+ years of SW Development experience in OO technologies
- Expert level skills with Python with at least 5 years of direct project experience with Python in medium- to large-scoped projects
- Demonstrate experience in developing web-applications using Python on the server side
- Knowledge and work experience with communications and associated network protocols including Ethernet, TCP/IP is required
- Must be self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision and able/capable of providing mentoring to junior engineers on the team
- Must work with engineering and marketing leadership team to understand requirements, and capable of taking designs from concept to complete
Experience using Pyramid and/or Django is highly desirable.
BS/CS, BSCE or equivalent/MSCS, MSCE or equivalent preferred
Spirent Communications - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard