Responsible for coordinating and scheduling traffic with the objective of meeting prescribed service standards and execution of the procurement strategy. Requires management of carrier activity for a particular source point, region, or customer while minimizing freight cost.
Detailed Job Description
- Coordinate, route, and schedule inbound and/or outbound traffic to include hot or expedite requests.
- Effectively communicate with service providers, associates, customers and other third parties via telephone, email, or in person to accomplish necessary objectives.
- Responsible for a site or region of activity’s on time service, capacity management, and freight costs to ensure attainment of budget and service level requirements.
- Manage delivery appointment acquisition process and daily shipping volumes for DC’s, plants, and other shipping points.
- Ensure adherence to customer requested ship and delivery dates by scheduling loads via the appropriate and most cost effective modes. Evaluate and communicate trade offs between costs and service.
- Optimize freight costs by consolidating orders into shipments, selecting the lowest cost/best service mode and carrier to including utilizing pool shipments and multi stop truckloads.
- Identify, recommend, and support the implementation of corrective action or continuous improvement opportunities to include adjustments to internal and external processes, routing guide, and carrier performance.
- Prepare and distribute reports per internal and customer requirements.
- Monitor carrier performance out of assigned shipping points or region. Lead performance reviews and corrective action process with service providers.
- Monitor and manage service level exceptions such as tender rejections, missed pickups/deliveries, or OS&D out of assigned shipping points.
- Ensure data accuracy to support proper accounting and performance metrics to include activity details, costs and exception reason codes as necessary.
- 1-3 years logistics/transportation industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in project management discipline
- Transportation background
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- PC Skills – MS Excel
- Customer Service Skills
- Multitasking Skills
Exel - 7 months ago
For Exel, the goal is to excel at supply chain management. The company arranges for its customers' freight to be hauled in truckload...