MakerBot is looking for a Sr. Supply Chain Manager. This position is responsible for managing all financial tasks, program management, systems and process improvement for the supply chain. If you are great at developing and implementing strategic plans to improve the financial performance of the organization and make specific recommendations for both cost out and cost avoidance then you should apply!
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Set the strategic vision and goals and ensure execution of all procurement strategies including supplier management, contract management, common procurement tools, and reporting.
- Lead the procurement function responsible for purchasing of inventory, goods and services (e.g., fixed/capital assets, leased assets, services, supplies, travel, etc.) that support the entire organization, while continuously identifying and implementing cost saving/containment ideas.
- Lead negotiations for products and services within the assigned categories ensuring the Company's specifications and quality for the best value are met.
- Develops and supports a strategic alliance with business partners. Participates in cross-functional activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing our competitive advantage.
- Motivate team to give their best efforts by goal setting, coaching and communicating performance expectations, offering recognition and holding people accountable for results. Accurately assesses the strengths and weaknesses of associates and gives timely and constructive feedback. Participate in the selection and performance evaluation of the staff.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills and superb negotiation skills to interface with suppliers and internal management.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be a known expert in the category or commodity: Must have excellent knowledge of not only the category, but how it fits into an overall business strategy.
- Ability to define vendor strategy at category level, establish vendor relationship guidelines and expectations. Make decision whether to maintain, exit or source new vendors.
- Extensive experience with financial systems that support the procurement function.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and other colleagues and demonstrate initiative, mature judgment, customer service orientation, and ability to anticipate needs of the organization.
- 8 years of experience in a procurement role
- Extensive experience with procurement and capital project management
- MA/MS/MBA in business related field
- Experience in process implementation and required internal controls.
- Familiarity with 3D printing or MakerBot
Founded in 2009, Brooklyn-based MakerBot has grown to be a global leader in desktop 3D printing. MakerBot had 16 percent market share of all 3D printers (industrial and personal) made from 2009 to the end of 2011. In 2011, MakerBot had 21.6 percent market share. In 2012, MakerBot estimates that it now has a 25 percent market share of the 3D printer market. There are more than 15,000 MakerBot Desktop 3D Printers in use by engineers, designers, researchers, and people who just like to make things. The MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer has been named Popular Mechanics “Overall Winner” for best 3D printer and was honored as one of Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2012. In addition, MakerBot was named “Best Emerging Tech” at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show, won Popular Mechanics Editor's Choice Award, the Popular Science Product of the Year, and recently was awarded the Fast Company 2012 Innovation by Design Award as well as being named by Fast Company as “One of the World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.” And MakerBot was recently awarded a TechCrunch Crunchies Award for best hardware start-up. The company has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, the Economist, Wired, The Colbert Report, Fast Company, Engadget, Make: Magazine, Rolling Stone, Time.com, IEEE Spectrum, CNN, Financial Times, NPR, Vogue Italia and many others.
What’s it like to work at MakerBot?
Are you interested in joining a collaborative, creative environment where innovation and hard...