Provides support to end users on a variety of IT related issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Provides tier 2 support for all escalated calls from tier 1. Requires 3-5 years of experience of IT Support in a large networked environment with 250+ users. Familiar with a variety of Desktop/Network/Application concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals of department. Performs a variety of complicated tasks pertaining to support of server/desktop/laptop/printer hardware and software . May lead and direct the work of others. Reports to manager of Support Services. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. On-Call duties required as needed.
1. Education and Training
- A+ and Network + preferred
- A two-year associate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Accounting. Medical- related and business-related courses preferred.
- Relevant work experience may be substitued for up to two years of formal college education.
3. Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- Three (3) years experience in large networked PC environment
- Highly Skilled in installing, configuring, customizing, upgrading, testing, and troubleshooting all types of hardware and software.
- Extensive knowledge of troubleshooting PC hardware/software applications and operating systems, file server hardware/software applications, and network routers/switchers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager is a plus.
- Ability to analyze complex application problems and provide solutions.
- Capability to work with managers and end-users, determine their needs and communicate solutions to IT&S departments and outside software vendors
- Flexible, self-motivated, and always looking for better tools for diagnosing and fixing problems.
- Strong customer service skills
Western Reserve Hospital
- 3 years ago - save job