Surveys mechanical equipment on drilling rigs, to ascertain condition of machinery, and equipment, and to determine repairs required for drilling rigs’ mechanical equipment to meet acceptable operational standards.
• Assess mechanical equipment as outlined in the Acceptance Test Procedure and/or Workscope.
• Understand and apply assessment points included in the Acceptance Test Procedure.
• Observe all site specific safety rules as well as WEST safety rules.
• Identify potential sources of non-compliance, whether included in the ATP or not.
• Review and apply lessons learned from other rigs, including anomalies.
• Identify and document new lessons learned.
• Establish and maintain a good working relationship with client and drilling contractor personnel.
• Apply API and governing body rules, regulations, and recommendations.
• Compose and publish daily reports, submit to client and WEST home office.
• Provide recommendations based on assessment findings, supported by back up documentation.
• Compose and submit final report. It should be delivered to WEST within 5 days of leaving the rig; timeliness is most important in meeting client needs.
Other duties may be assigned. Management retains the right to add, change or delete job duties
at its sole discretion.
15+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows/Vista, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Knowledge of MS Project is a plus.