The Sr. Systems Administrator will be Responsible for network/server planning, installation, maintenance and systems administration for Convergent companies LAN systems.
Analyze needs for network hardware and software, evaluate vendor products and make recommendations for purchase. Responsible for daily LAN administration, hardware and software upgrades and patches, log reviewal, performance monitoring, and network and server troubleshooting. Manage data backup and archiving systems. Support of network communication protocols, server operating systems, and desktop client interfaces. Provide administrative support for database, Internet and Intranet systems. Act as backup support for Help Desk personnel.
6-10 years experience in network/server support services in multi-server Windows/Unix Environment.
- Able to support multi-platform, multi-OS, multi-server environment.
- Proficient in Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, Windows Active Directory Administration, Exchange 2007, Microsoft Application Suite.
- MCSE certification preferred.
- Red Hat Linux experience highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communicalions skills.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule and respond to off-hours calls.
- Must function well in Team environment
- Customer service attitude.
- Able to observe strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and manage projects and/or timelines.
Convergent, Inc - 21 months ago