Job Responsibilities and Team Info
The engineer will be placed into the current weekly on call rotation of 9 engineers and will be expected to troubleshoot network issues as necessary, using available tools, i.e. packet analyzers, router diagnostics, etc.
- There will be some travel involved, around 10-15 times per year on average, but could be more or less depending on projects.
- Engineer will be responsible for working projects as assigned by the Network Engineering Manager.
- Projects given will range from complex (large-scale infrastructure) to simple (host to switch connections).
- Design, implement and provide second level support for the firewall network.
- Design, implement and provide second level support for host load-balancing solutions.
- Manage the IP addressing and DNS.
- Assist project teams/business Customers in evaluating, developing, implementing and supporting network architecture components.
- Minimum 5 years (or equivalent knowledge base) work experience in Systems Engineering – Networking to include evaluating, developing, customizing, installing, implementing and maintaining data network systems according to Customer/system requirements.
- Minimum 5 years experience working with firewalls, especially Juniper and Cisco (various models).
- Minimum 5 years experience in working with Cisco routers, switches (NX-OS and IOS), Cisco Wireless, SourceFire IDS/IPS, F5 LTM & Cisco CSS Load Balancers, as well as other networking gear.
- Demonstrated success in installing, customizing, developing, implementing and maintaining network systems developed internally and / or in conjunction with outside vendors.
- Experience designing cost effective network solutions that support business needs.
- Experience designing, implementing, and providing second level support for the WAN, routed network and LAN at all facilities.
Help manage the relationships with the network providers and vendors.
Nice to Have Skills
- Participate in developing time estimates for project schedules.
- Document and communicate assigned work and progress to immediate project team and management.
- Communicate problems or issues in a timely manner.
- Support the organization’s project management policy, practice and methodology.
- Must have strong skills with the basic PC software utilized to perform their daily duties, i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, etc…
- Experience in project management and vendor relations.
- Must have good written and verbal skills.
Knowledge of UNIX, Windows, and other operating systems.
- Any Cisco certifications, i.e. CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, etc. would be a plus.
- Experience in working with Cisco VoIP systems, to include QoS/CoS configurations.
- Outgoing and positive personality.
Hunter Technical Resources - 20 months ago
Founded in 1998 by three GA Tech graduates (Scott, Clint and Alex), Hunter Technical Resources was founded on the premise that an IT...