Fuhu Inc., is the leading designer, seller and innovator of “thoughtful” consumer products and services for children. Creator of the nabi™ tablet, the world’s first tablet made just for kids, Fuhu provides an ecosystem of hardware, software services, and accessories to immerse kids in rich and engaging experiences. nabi ™ is available in all major U.S. retailers including Walmart, Best Buy, GameStop, Target.com and Amazon.com.
The Sr. Systems Admin will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, application software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, application software are always running, and adhere to PCI standards
The Sr. Systems Administrator will participate in all phases of development and deployment. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of development and operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation also involves the transition of software from development to production by performing deployment activities within the project life-cycle.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration and security procedures
- Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Apply OS/application patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Perform ongoing performance system and application tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Provide 24/7 administration support of operational system for urgent/emergency response.
- Must have a BS degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- Must have a minimum of 4+ years of experience as a Linux system administrator
- Must have knowledge of TCP/IP networking and security technologies and services such as HP ProCurve, Cisco IOS, Juniper JunOS, OpenLDAP, OpenSSL, RADIUS, and SSH
- Must have knowledge of Apache, Nginx, DBMS (Mysql), and Java application server technologies
- Must have knowledge of system monitor software like Nagios or Zenoss
- Must have strong ability to automate tasks using scripting languages (Shell, Python, etc) and configuration management software like Chef or Puppet
- Must have proven understanding of high availability, data/system replication, and disaster recovery methodologies in the system and database spaces
- Experience with SIP based phone and video conferencing
- Experience working with vmware in a production environment or working with cloud hosting using multi-region and availability zones
- Experience working with enterprise grade storage solutions like NetApp and EMC
- Experience supporting software development teams, tools, and processes a plus
Fuhu, Inc., creators of the nabi Tablet, Fooz Kids and urDrive, is a leading provider of cloud-served software, applications, and services...