Responsible for the design, implementation, configuration, administration and integrity of the server and storage infrastructure. Responsibilities include the evaluation, selection and recommendation, implementation, technical documentation and problem resolution for server and technology solutions.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain standards and procedures involving related technology.
• Active Directory administration including user accounts, global groups, and group policies
• Providing proactive recommendations and improvements ensuring compliance with applicable regulations; participate in regular testing of compliance requirements.
• Analyze technology problems and supervise performance of corrective maintenance; ensure the regularly scheduled maintenance activities are appropriately performed and logged
• Participate in discussions with vendors and contractors to secure server related products and services.
• Identify software products, tools, and utilities that meet operational needs. Lead software evaluations based on workflow requirements and structured analysis.
• Make recommendations to IT management on the purchase of software, tools and utilities purchases.
• Perform implementation, configuration, administration and customization of one or more operational software, systems, utilities, or processes.
• Work with IT groups to provide automated solutions and processes utilizing the operational software toolset.
• Monitor and tune operational software to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Lead and perform ongoing analysis of operations functions to identify opportunities to increase efficiency of resource usage and quality of service.
• Develop upgrade plans for operational software and perform upgrade certification and testing.
• Assist systems programming and technical groups with installation of version upgrades and new software implementations.
• Serve as project resource to IT projects and serve as technical lead for server systems sponsored projects.
• Proactively utilize IT resources to maintain detailed technical product knowledge, remain current with IT technology trends and increase technical skills.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose technology problems; repair and replace faulty components; perform periodic testing and preventive maintenance; ensure the regularly scheduled maintenance activities are appropriately performed and logged.
• Monitor the technology environment to ensure operation in conformance with specifications and performance metrics.
• Prepare system performance statistics and reports for management review
• Serve as backup to other Systems Administrators.
• Complete other duties or tasks as assigned or assigned by IT management.
• Bachelor’s degree or a combination of an associate’s degree with relevant work experience.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in an enterprise-scale IT Operations environment or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated experience as a Systems Administrator with multiple technologies and software packages.
• A minimum of one industry recognized advanced certification, such as: Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
• Excellent knowledge of LAN and WAN network topology and design
• Excellent Communication Skills
• 1st Class Customer Service Skills
• An ability to diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware issues
• Able to work as a team and also individually
• Experience with MPLS networks
• Must possess In-depth technical knowledge of the company’s technology infrastructure.
• Must be familiar with the interrelationship of application development, systems programming, operations, and the support center.
• Ability to effectively work with product vendors and support personnel.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal. Ability to convey ideas in a logical order and professional manner.
• Logical thought process and the ability to learn new systems, concepts, and procedures.
• Advanced knowledge of server concepts, principles, maintenance and operation.
• Advanced knowledge of networking concepts, principles, and trouble-shooting.
• Must be able to work various shifts as requested or scheduled which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
• Must be able to perform “on-call” for off-hours support as scheduled which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
• Must be able to travel up to 10%
Send responses to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Fax: 301 230-1733
“An Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/D/V/SO”
MORI is fully dedicated to providing an excellent working atmosphere and plenty of opportunities to employees displaying talent and...