Palo Alto CA
TuneIn is looking for a Sr. Windows Systems Administrator to join as a member of our technical ops team. You will work as part of a team responsible for supporting a 24/7 production environment. Responsibilities of this position include new system implementation, product releases, production incident support, patches, upgrades, and scripting. We have a varied environment consisting of vmware, bare metal (servers) and EC2.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of the most essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Independently design, assemble, configure, install, maintain and performance tune complex infrastructure components.
- Provide escalated support for assigned systems, including rotating assignment to provide 24x7 on-call coverage and monitoring system logs and messages.
- Debug and correct internal and external infrastructure problems.
- Provide system performance, tuning and root cause determination.
Nice to have Experience:
- Bachelors degree Computer Science or an equivalent field. Masters preferred.
- 3-4 years Windows Server system administration experience
- Experience maintaining an IIS web server farm
- Experience maintaining MS SQL db servers, including but not limited to setup, configuration, backups, restores, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in high availability customer facing SaaS environments
- Excellent debugging, problem solving and testing skills
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, results-oriented, independent, inquisitive and eager to learn from some of the best developers in the Silicon Valley.
- Ability to mentor other system administrators in best practices of operations.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Qualified candidates must have good interpersonal and organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be willing to be part of a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Highly structured planning and organization skills for large scale implementations.
- Zenoss monitoring tool
- Nagios experience
- Networking experience
- Chef experience
- WSUS configuration and set-up experience
- Active Directory