This position requires experience with release, change, and configuration management utilizing complex system integration and formal software development life cycles and projects. Candidates should have a strong IT background with the ability to work across multiple platforms, delivery teams and business units
This position will report to the Release Manager and work closely with other members of the testing team and other Delivery teams in IT.
Code Elevation – responsible for promoting objects on the Citizens DPI (iSeries) application through the various stages of a release (system, user acceptance, production) according to standards and approved project control documents and project implementation schedules.
- Environment Creation/Maintenance– responsible for building and refreshing DPI (iSeries) test environments according to standards and project schedules. Responsible for managing available space on test box and ensuring that usage does not exceed maximum performance standards.
- Environment Coordination – assist the release manager with the coordination of testing environment builds across the ITenterprise in support of complex/multi-delivery team projects
- Environment Access – maintain access control for test environments according to standards and project team needs
- Release Management – assist release manager with duties of Release Management ; release planning, defect review calls, release reporting, change control and post release activities.
- Quality Center support - assist release manager with all aspects of support for Quality Center tools – user access control, new project setup, report creation, field customization, etc.
- Technical Support – responsible for troubleshooting environment issues and resolving problems independently or in partnership with development team.
- Required to work off-hours (early mornings, evenings and/or weekends) to support project or release implementations
- Required to be on-call to support emergency code elevations.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
3-5 years of experience working in IT in a development or change management role
Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Hands-on experience with automated software turnover tools (TurnOver Change Management preferred but not required).
- Experience with formal release implementation a plus.
- Solid communications skills to interact with team members and developers across IT organization
- Experience with RPG or as an RPG developer a plus.
- Experience on the DPI or ICMS Telecomm CC&B platforms a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve technical problems
** Position can be located in Rochester, NY OR Fort Wayne, IN **
Frontier Communications - 17 months ago
Serving city dwellers and country folk alike, Frontier Communications provides phone, Internet, and satellite TV (through a partnership with...