About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Systems Analyst opening to join our North American Region (NAR) GIS organization.
Day to Day (what a typical day or week look like in this role)
Today, you might be working with colleagues across the North American Region to implement new websites and web based capabilities or designing capabilities utilizing innovative technology. Tomorrow, you may be supporting and working with a cross functional team to identify new pricing and shipping conditions that require systems analysis to determine the best implementation approach.
What You Will Do
- Support the NAR Business in ideation, design and development activities for systemic solutions related to new business growth
- Learn, understand, and analyze the NAR Region's application portfolio and become a subject matter expert in core system functionality
- Perform system analysis and solutioning for application enhancements requested by business leaders
- Manage working relationships with key stakeholders, including, executive management, business management, project sponsors, suppliers, and technology management
- Direct activities of third party suppliers in support of projects within area of responsibility
o Develop options and recommendations for project driven application system changes
- Support the NAR Business in the systems development lifecycle:
o Determine system change scope, dependencies, and work effort estimates
o Identify key skills necessary to make system changes and conduct testing
o Develop documentation specifications for development activity
- Understand the desired business outcomes and provide guidance on requirements
- Adapt project specifications, plans, and approach to the different concerns and expectations of stakeholders
- Provide direction and guidance on processes to successfully launch new websites
- Provide direction and guidance on processes to successfully launch new capabilities within websites
- Provide direction and guidance on processes to successfully launch enhancements in legacy application such as SAP
- Maintain and share a comprehensive knowledge of the e-business marketplace, processes and capabilities
- Balance the competing demands for quality, scope, schedule, and cost
- Develop and maintain detailed change specifications
- Peer Review project proposals or plans to determine effort and schedule requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project, arrange for assignment of project personnel from internal and external sources
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure the project progresses on schedule and budget
- Prepare project reports as required
- Coordinate intra- and interdepartmental matters necessary to expedite projects
- Facilitate and troubleshoot the solution of problems associated with designing, implementing, leading, and completing system change projects
- Support Business Analyst in identifying and managing requirements
- Support Program Manager, PMO, and others in developing or continuously improving policies and procedures to support project excellence and continuous improvement
- Prepare and present clear and concise oral and written communications
- Establish and maintain contacts with internal and external stakeholders, to provide information, garner acceptance and support of the project, and ensure that the project meets business needs
- Serve as the principal subject matter expert for system application knowledge and functional understanding of how Whirlpool's NAR application systems work and what they do
What You Need To Succeed
- Provide functional supervision or guidance over consultants and contractors, and supervise (dotted line) technical staff
- Assess training needs of project team members; develops, coordinates, and conducts specialized training as required
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Bachelor's or Master degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline and equivalent work experience and training.
- Minimum of six years experience with technology-related projects is required, including a minimum of four years of direct system analysis and design experience.
- Solid systems understanding of business applications and middleware services with a strong track record of systems analysis and design.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with SAP order management, order fulfillment, billing, logistics, and pricing.
- Experience in the IBM Websphere eCommerce platform preferred.
- Experience in PI webservice integration preferred.
- Work experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups.
- Experience managing and performing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to lead others to implement new approaches, systems, structures and methods.
- Delivery experience in the analysis and management of information systems.
- Experience in working with Outside Service Providers.
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated strong verbal/written communication skills with the ability to simplify and communicate complex issues to multiple audiences.
- Process engineering and re-engineering techniques and practices.
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.
Whirlpool - 19 months ago
With brand names recognized by just about anyone who has ever separated dark colors from light, Whirlpool is one of the world's top...