adMarketplace is looking for an exceptionally talented and experienced hands-on Sr. Systems Engineer to be a key member of the team. Our ad servers are queried for advertisements over 2 billion times each day so our platform which runs CentOS Linux require extremely low latency and high availability.
We need an absolute rock star Systems Engineer who will:Responsibilities:
- Actively monitor system performance and stability
- Respond to alerts, perform analysis and troubleshooting, escalate issues as necessary
- Create and maintain system documentation
- Respond to trouble tickets
- Assist system engineering and development teams as needed
- Participate in an on-call rotation for mission critical alerts
- Bachelor's degree in CS, MIS, or other related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5 plus years of experience supporting open-source infrastructure
- Solid understanding of UNIX and networking concepts
- Experience with Red Hat / CentOS
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, preferably: Bash, Python, Ruby
- Experience with: Java, Tomcat, MySQL, MongoDB, Nagios, VMWare
- Dell and HP hardware or 3Com switch experience a plus
adMarketplace.com is a flat organization with empowered, self-directed teams that work together constructively in a collegial, apolitical meritocracy that values honesty, commitment, accountability and results. Our employees are known in advertising and technology circles as the experts' advisers; we organize and host meetups, speak in public about our industry and technology trends, and are often quoted in the press.
One of the main ways we are able to compete with the Goliath's of the industry is by building the most easy-to-use, feature-rich user interfaces in the industry. Our software is algorithmically complex, and the problems we solve here every day are fascinating and often require creative, outside-the-box thinking.
Experience with Big Data in your career—at 2 billion query requests per day and 1 GB of data generated per hour, we ARE Big Data.
Our recently renovated offices overlook the fabulous mid-town skyline. We serve healthy gourmet lunches to our team and provide weekly "lunch&learns". Ping-pong table, fully stocked beverage cooler, kegorator, fantasy football leagues, video game tournaments all serve as great reminders that hard work can always be balanced with fun.
Monster - 24 months ago
adMarketplace is a Pay Per Click search advertising company located in Manhattan and founded in 2000 by CEO James Hill. The company delivers...