Senior Systems Engineer
If you are a talented and highly motivated Sr. Systems Engineer we’d like to have you on our team to support AMAX’s growth with a consistent list of customers. This position will have a critical focus on hardware troubleshooting and testing specifically in regards to x86 Servers, Storage, and PCI-e add-on peripherals. The candidate must possess organizational skills and be capable to work in a team as well as being independent.
Essential Job Functions
- Troubleshoot and test servers based on the most current x86 architecture; mainly focusing and working in AMAX’s manufacturing.
- Work closely with our customers, vendors, and internal departments to provide feedback and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Research and evaluate new products and technologies as it pertains to the company’s product line.
- Analyze information to determine hardware change and/or issues based on our customer’s requirements and configurations.
- Work to continuously improve AMAX’s products and processes by actively participating with QA, product management and production team meetings.
B.S. in Electronics or related technical field.
6+ years of related experiences in the server industry
Expertise of the latest x86 server architectures including memory, storage, and network. Understanding of the server data transfer such as PCI-e, USB, SATA, SAS. Scripting languages and command-line tools(e.g. BASH, Python, Perl). Ability to troubleshoot and debug hardware down to the component level.
Strong Linux skills. High speed connection experience, such as Infiniband, 10G Ethernet, etc.
Able to carry, push/pull servers in excess of 25 pounds.
- The company offers competitive compensation and benefit programs that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K along with vacation, holidays and sick time.
- Founded in 1979, AMAX ( www.amax.com ) is a trusted leader in Custom Server and Storage Solutions in North America. Headquartered in Fremont, California, AMAX also operates several branch offices throughout North America and worldwide.
- AMAX's expertise drives two key divisions that deliver customized computing solutions to a wide range of industries. AMAX's Appliance Manufacturing Division provides efficient and top-of-the-line manufacturing solutions and global logistics to OEM customers; and AMAX's High Performance Computing Division provides innovative and scalable custom server, workstation, server, and cluster products.
Monster - 2 years ago