Sr. Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer leads the effort to develop and implement quality control and reliability plans to improve electrical/control system quality and reliability in accordance with Vermeer initiatives. This role develops electrical and control system design standards, reviews the electrical/control system prototype in NPPDS and performs audits in electrical Kaizen events. This position also trains and consults on the electrical/control system design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Develop and implement electrical/hydraulic quality plans. Write electrical and hydraulic control standards.
Conduct electrical and control system prototype review in NPPDS
Identify electrical quality and reliability issues and implement solutions.
Conduct electrical and control design training sessions.
Design and consult on electrical/hydraulic control systems.
Perform electrical component selection, failure analysis, and supplier quality control audits.
Audit electrical systems in electrical Kaizen events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Control Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with 5-10 years experience in electrical and electronic controls design; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Vermeer is an EEO/AAP/M/F/V/D Employer
- Ability to create electrical drawings and build electrical harnesses.
- Ability to complete machine control system testing and computer-based electro-hydraulic control system design.
- Knowledge of electrical, electronics and controls and Vermeer policy deployment.
- Effective organization and project management skills.
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/ customers and co-workers and maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness.
- Ability to create accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead others that do not report to the position to produce results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hydraulic circuits.
- Ability to create embedded software documents
Feb 8, 2013, 12:14:30 PM
Vermeer Corporation - 10 months ago
Vermeer's products have the power to move the earth. The company manufactures a slew of production and farm equipment, distributed...