Broadwind Energy is seeking a Senior Tax Accountant to join our team in Cicero, IL. Reporting to the Corporate Accounting Manager, the Sr. Tax Accountant will have primary responsibility for tax accounting, will assist an outside firm tax compliance and planning, and provide support for other corporate accounting functions. The Sr. Tax Accountant will provide timely and accurate information to provide a sound basis for management decisions and play a role in the organization’s ongoing process improvements including controls and system implementations.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
· Coordinate all aspects of tax accounting, planning and compliance: tax calendar, accounting, return preparation, audit management. Be the central point of contact for outside tax firm.
· Income tax accounting: update the tax analysis models for financial results, work with tax experts to refine the model, & prepare federal and state provisions and related journal entries. Analyze uncertain tax positions, state apportionment calculations, and record return-to-provision adjustments, SEC filing footnote preparation.
· Income tax compliance: coordinate and support outside tax firm’s preparation of federal and state income tax estimates and returns, source key data, and support all related analysis.
· Sales/Use tax compliance: analyze Services BU tax liability, prepare sales/use tax filings and verify exemption certificates/compliance in coordination with all business units; file franchise tax, property tax, & New Markets Tax Credit and other grant compliance.
· Tax planning: assist Corporate Controller (in coordination with outside tax firm) in tax planning and estimation for budgeting and strategic planning, research tax issues, evaluate potential transactions, and identify tax opportunities (grants, etc.).
· A ssist the Accounting Manager and Director of Finance in corporate office accounting and finance projects projects and system development.
· Develop and implement policies and procedures with emphasis on internal controls.
· Identify and lead process simplification and cost reduction opportunities.
To be successful in this position, you will need :
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA preferred.
· Minimum five years of total experience, prefer a mix of public accounting and industry.
· Minimum two years tax accounting and compliance experience required.
· Excellent verbal/written communications skills.
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite with emphasis on Excel.
· Strong aptitude with ERP systems, especially Microsoft Dynamics / Great Plains.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and stay organized.
· Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to gather relevant information; identify key issues/relationships, and to use data analytics to relate and compare data from different sources and to identify cause-effect relationships.
· Ability to identify financial and operational control issues and drive changes to build a robust control environment.
· To be a self-starter and proactive; identify problems and potential solutions to management; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
Broadwind Energy, Inc. - 18 months ago