SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT (Beverly, MA)
Our client, a global asset management company, is seeking a Sr. Tax Accountant. The ideal candidate for this newly created position is a dynamic individual with at least 5 years of experience, preferably with some of that experience from one of the Big 4 accounting firms. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in all aspects of the business. Our client offers a competitive salary, a great culture, and excellent benefits, all at a beautiful location on the North Shore.
The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for running tax software systems and maintaining other models and data used to monitor and report our client’s global tax position. In 2013, they implemented Corptax, which is used for tax provision and compliance purposes.
- Manage tax workflow with internal finance peers and expand use of technology for financial reporting requirements
- Assist with quarterly and annual SEC reporting, including tax provision, footnote schedules and other tax disclosures.
- Research and document temporary differences between GAAP and tax recognition of income and expenses.
- Prepare quarterly and annual FIN 48 workpapers.
- Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
- Manage tax compliance, working with external resources to prepare federal and state partnership and corporate tax returns
- Prepare and/or review workpapers and tax returns supporting US and non-US operations.
- Forecast and manage federal, state, and foreign estimated income tax obligations
- Assist with federal, state, and local tax authority inquiries and audits.
- Participate in internal working groups as tax resource for problem solving, risk management and innovation
- Analyze the tax impact of new investments, including transaction taxes, recurring current and deferred taxes, and foreign tax credits
- Prepare management presentations for various tax topics
Key Requirements and Skills:
- The successful candidate will have 1 to 3 years of tax experience and a bachelor’s degree in accounting. Big 4 public accounting firm is strongly preferred.
- Experience with tax provision and/or compliance software.
- The candidate should be a team player with solid interpersonal skills
- The candidate must be a highly motivated individual who is able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle several tasks simultaneously and re-prioritizing as necessary.