TriMark USA, located in S. Attleboro, MA, is the country’s largest provider of equipment, supplies, and design services, to the foodservice industry with 12 Divisions strategically located throughout the country. We have an exciting opportunity in our corporate office for an experienced, Sr. Tax professional.
This position is a member of the Corporate Accounting Department. Responsible for all corporate tax related matters, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
Job requirements – knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Prepare work paper documentation to allow timely and accurate filing of the Company’s consolidated federal and state income tax returns.
- Accountable for all permanent and temporary book-tax differences, credits, forms, disclosures, etc., for said returns.
- Coordinate return/ preparation/ review by outside accounting firm.
- Prepare quarterly federal and state estimated tax calculations and returns.
- Ensure all tax filings are timely, complete, and accurate.
- Ensure income tax reporting and related disclosures are complete and accurate in financial statements.
- Liaison with external auditors re: income tax reporting matters.
- Review all state income tax returns.
- Responsible for state income tax audits, both income tax and sales tax.
- Taxation research and conclusion.
- Sales and use tax research and application.
- Tax planning – Internal lead for acquisition tax due diligence.
- Additional functions and requirements to be assigned as needed.
Education and work experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Working knowledge of the US Tax Code.
- Tax provision preparation and review.
- Knowledge of the tax implications of various acquisition structures and decisions.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field, CPA or MST preferred.
- 5+ years current tax compliance experience in public accounting.
- Strong analytical skill, attention to detail and self-motivator.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office/Excel skills.
Monster - 18 months ago