Electronic Arts is seeking a Developer Relations Account Manager to evangelize EA’s central platform technologies with EA owned studio and 3rd party developers. The Developer Relations group works closely with blockbuster game franchises like Battlefield , FIFA Soccer , Madden NFL Football , Need for Speed , Star Wars: The Old Republic, Crysis and The Sims helping them launch products and services on the EA digital platforms for online game features, identity, eCommerce systems, digital distribution, social features etc.
This role is responsible for acting as the main point of contact between EA development teams and the EA digital platform teams. This involves helping the EA game development teams understand the technical capabilities of the centrally developed platforms, as well as helping the digital platform groups understand the needs, schedules, issues, and strategic objectives of the development teams. As the game development teams integrate the EA digital platforms, this role is also responsible for managing those relationships to ensure long term success.
The ideal candidate would bring experience in online game production or technical account management capabilities working with enterprise platforms. Alternatively, a candidate would have experience working in online platforms with a strong combination of project management and systems integration. A passion for gaming is a plus.
- Evangelize central platform capabilities and be a trusted Point of Contact for game teams in all platform related matters
- Act as a subject matter expert, influencing design and direction based on industry knowledge and market research and platform capabilities
- Build and maintain a solid understanding of EA’s Digital platforms, including their APIs and SDKs, the web infrastructure and back ends.
- Participating in and documentation of results of technology gap analysis and requirements
- Negotiating EA platform commitments with platform product owners and technology leaders
- Maintaining documentation for game development team needs, project status and issues for platform technologies online services throughout the game development cycle leading up to launch and ongoing live operations
- Smart, tenacious, detail oriented & energetic
- Creative; recognizes powerful ideas/features/trends in gaming & online world – problem solver
- Independent; can identify issues and opportunities and act on them while keeping the team informed
- Comfortable communicating across the spectrum; from executives to engineers
- 3+ years of experience working in technical product management, or software development.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, documentation skills
- Flexible and agile – ability to multi-task, adapt quickly and be effective in new situations
- BS or BA degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional software development experience.
To armchair quarterbacks and couch-potato commandos, Electronic Arts (EA) is their Picasso. EA is a top-three global video game publisher...