BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
Actively participate with the discovery, design, implementation, and support of all information technologies deployed throughout the JDRF enterprise. Function as the primary or backup subject matter expert (SME) on all deployed information technologies and responsible for planning the product upgrades and investigating and resolving any and all Production issues.
· Identify the organizations needs.
· Breakdown large scale projects into manageable chunks.
· Identify and research new technologies for consideration and prepare cost benefit analysis.
· Explain to team what is required and oversee the proper design, use, and support.
· Function as the technical connection between the project managers, the developers, and the support personnel.
· Advise team on key architectural decisions concerning the platform and the supporting technologies.
· Evaluate projects from a technical perspective, guaranteeing that the development methods used are correct, practical, and supportable.
· Review and sign-off on system requirements; identify resources, and timelines for project completion.
· Produce technical architectures that are modifiable, dependable and scalable.
· Organize and facilitate technical project reviews.
· Develop test case scenarios and oversee the testing, quality control, acceptance, and controlled release into Production.
· Produceas-built documents.
· Identify process and procedures for the Production monitoring, trouble notification, and escalation.
· Determine when and how to upgrade products, develop upgrade plans.
· Provide support after normal work hours when necessary.
· Perform all other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
· 7+years in a technical architecture role in a medium to large enterprise
· 5+years using Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle database
· Have a good knowledge of technical applications, relational databases, networking,and motivated to keep knowledge and skills up to date.
· Knowledge in at least one of the standard relational databases: Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server
· Web applications development experience.
· Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently and assume the responsibility for the appropriate technical and architectural implementation of projects.
· Work in a proactive manner, able to think ahead, anticipate problems, and propose solutions.
· Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation.
· Interact well with internal customers, project managers, developers, and support staff.
· Havea desire to produce quality results, enforce change control, and promote best practices.
· Strong organization, analytical and problem solving skills.
· High degree of flexibility, able to work under pressure, prioritizes and meets deadlines.
· Able to work effectively both independently and within a team.
· Desire and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
· Excellent spoken and written interpersonal and communication skills.
· Commitment to customer satisfaction and customer focus.
JDRF - 20 months ago