WOOD Consulting Services, Inc. is a dynamic and growing small business offering challenging opportunities to well qualified candidates. Since 1997, WOOD has brought innovative solutions to federal and state government clients in support of mission-critical requirements as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor. Today, we are a leading provider of transformation services with special emphasis on interoperability challenges faced by clients such as the Department of Defense, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of the Treasury, the State of Maryland, and Howard County Government.
WOOD has a benefit package that ranks within the top 5% of local businesses. We invite you to visit our website at www.woodcons.com to learn more and to submit your resume. We look forward to speaking with you.
WOOD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Candidate is expected to be a Digital Policy Management (DPM) Subject Matter Expert (SME). The DPM SME partners with senior customer leadership to use system security engineering concepts and the enterprise security management architecture to support the digital policy management. Successful candidate will perform technical analysis of digital policy technologies, processes, concepts, and tools, and make recommendations to the customer in the development of solutions for enterprise digital policy management.
Specific responsibilities include :
Serve as the primary interface to the customer for discussions pertaining to requirements, Product Backlog items, scope creep, and questions that require customer feedback. Coordinate meetings to resolve requirements and technical issues. Provide recommendations to the customer to resolve questions.
Architect and design the features and functions of the digital policy management system to meet end customer’s needs as well as the overall DPM program needs.
Lead and provide direction and guidance to the technical team in terms of the implementation of customer requirements and ensure that the system meets customer requirements.
Conduct product demos when requested.
Attend and participate in meetings with the Intelligence Community stakeholders to understand their policy management needs and evolving those needs into requirements and functionality for the digital policy management system.
Integrate the digital policy management system with ABAC solutions in a cloud environment.
Work with XACML vendors to determine interoperability with the digital policy management system.
Work with the metadata tagging teams to integrate digital policy management system capabilities with other data tagging systems.
Lead the Product Grooming sessions with the customer to identify near term and future requirements and update the agile software development tool (i.e., Versionone) with the Product Backlog and Sprint content. Assign the user stories to the appropriate Sprint in priority order.
Verify that technical work is clearly defined in Versionone in terms of providing enough detailed requirements information so the developers can perform software development from this information when appropriate. Create Acceptance Criteria that is clear and concise and understood by the technical team. The acceptance criteria must also be testable.
Accountable for technical deadlines, deliverables and milestones in the project in accordance with the schedule.
Attend daily Scrum meetings, Product Grooming, customer bi-weekly, requirements meetings, Sprint/Release Planning, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives.
Participate in Sprint Planning meetings that involve assigning work to the technical team (e.g., from Product Backlog) and provide inputs to the project schedule for the project life cycle. Follow up with the team daily to ensure tasks meet functional requirements.
Work with the customer to groom product backlog (including clarifying, sizing, and prioritizing the backlog with help from the development team) so user stories can be incorporated into the project and planned out in the Sprints. Decompose user stories when appropriate so the team can code from them during the Sprint. Communicate the Product Backlog items to the development team. Validate estimated hours and level of complexity projected to complete backlog items as appropriate. Monitor Sprint progress and report requirements or scope issues that affect ability to meet deadlines in the project. These issues need to be reported in advance so there is time to re-plan tasks if necessary.
Requires Top Secret/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph
- Bachelor's degree (Master’s degree preferred) in related field
- At least 16 years of IT technical experience with at least 5 years of the IT experience having been in leadership position such as direction of significant research and development efforts and experience with programs requiring comprehensive and innovative technical solutions; and a proven record of having successfully effected applicable technology transfer is imperative
- At least 5 years related experience working on digital policy management related projects including product research and evaluations; software development and prototypes; trade off analyses and studies; and requirements analyses
- Must have experience in the full system and software development life cycles. Experience working in an agile software development environment is preferred
- At least five years working with at least three digital policy management tools including, but not limited to Policy Decision Points (PDP), Policy Administrative Point (PAP) products, ontology editors, and ontological databases
- Familiar with Attribute and Role based Access Control policy concepts and techniques
- Familiar with the XACM L standard
- Experience as a system engineer working with enterprise wide system architectures and design
- Experience developing system engineering documentation including requirements, design, CONOPS and ICD documentation
- Excellent written communication skills as the candidate will be developing system documentation, white papers, and PowerPoint presentations
- Excellent oral communication skills as the candidate may be required to conduct technical presentations with senior customer leadership at for key stakeholder meetings and conferences
- Preferred experience with triple stores (especially Clark & Parsia’s Stardog), reasoners (especially Clark & Parsia’s Pellet), Protégé or NeON, and NLP based tools
- Experience working with cloud-based applications
Wood Consulting - 14 months ago