Sr. Technical Product Manager
Job ID #: 23556
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Information Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelors
Experience Required : 5-7 Years
Relocation Provided : Yes
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
Want to work in an exciting, high-energy role responsible for helping to change the face of online travel? The Senior Product Manager for Lodging Services will be responsible for helping to build the global Expedia Inc. Lodging Technology system.
A successful individual will work closely with business and technology to create and implement a compelling lodging product. Bring your experience, creativity, communication, collaboration skills, and desire to be the best, and join us as we continue to reinvent travel.
Working within the Expedia Global Technology and Operations Team team, you will participate in creating the strategy and product execution for Expedia’s Core Lodging Systems. Lodging is Expedia’s largest line of business.
Specific Responsibilities :
- Define scope and develop detailed business requirements for global hotels projects, and track and manage the long-term strategy and roadmaps.
- Set, track, analyze and communicate the business goals for the lodging product, providing a single point of contact between technology and business.
- Coordinate with stakeholders across Expedia Inc. to drive integration of strategic initiatives and resolve resource and scheduling clashes on cross-functional projects.
- Build effective relationships with key internal business teams, with a special focus on building bridges with the diverse business groups that run Expedia’s brand organizations (Hotels.com, Expedia.com, Hotwire, and many others).
- Work closely with Technical Leaders, and Architects to understand how to develop the business case for innovative, revolutionary and disruptive new capabilities.
- Collaborate with the development teams to evaluate technical options. Work closely with business and technology teams to prioritize and schedule enhancements and fixes.
- Drive the cross group working sessions insure alignment for strategic initiatives.
- Drive communication at the Executive level including periodic reporting to the CTO and CFO of Expedia Inc.
- Keep tabs of emerging trends in the technology industry and drive best practices in the development environment.
- Manage and grow Expedia’s Patent portfolio.
Required Skills / Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience understanding, communicating, and prioritizing technology business requirements in a role such as Product Planner, Product Manager, or Program Manager.
- Self-starter with demonstrated strengths managing multiple projects simultaneously and driving them to completion with limited direction.
- Ability to evangelize and articulate innovative technology for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven skills at cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple business and technical teams.
- Proven influencing skills: the ability to manage expectations of business partners while maintaining productive relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to design, build and manage highly complex projects.
- Proven knowledge of e-commerce standards and best practices.
- Strong track record of managing complex project schedules, resources and communications.
- Solid understanding of technical concepts, architecture, software engineering a requirement. Previous experience or education related to software engineering a plus.
- Bachelors/Masters degree; MBA is a plus.
- Some travel is required for this position. Applicants must have ability to travel to Globally, and throughout US.
- Experience filing Patents a plus.
About Expedia, Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. *LI-CS1 LPMSTeam
These days, expediting your vacation begins online. As the market leader in online travel services (ahead of rivals Orbitz, Priceline, and...