Sr. Technical Product Marketing Manager
MapR seeks a savvy technologist to lead developer and technical product marketing for MapR. The MapR Sr. Technical Product Marketing Manager is responsible for outbound marketing activities to big data and Hadoop developers, data scientists, and business analysts. The role requires someone who understands how developers think, and how they evaluate software. This position develops the outbound strategy for developer relations and orchestrates internal resources to build and showcase practical examples of how to get more value from data using the MapR data platform.
- Create the outbound communication plan and engagement strategy for developers and data scientists. Stimulate the conversation and drive MapR’s voice in the market.
- Communicate clearly to a technical audience on how to be more productive with the MapR Distribution for Hadoop and the extended partner and open source ecosystem
- Develop tutorials, product demonstrations, “how to” guides, chalk-talks videos, tips, and tricks
- Product – evangelize and drive the adoption of the MapR Sandbox for Hadoop as a development tool for developers and administrators to get educated and close the skills gap in organizations
- Develop strong relationships with cross functional teams including product management, engineering, sales, and customers who feed the MapR technical community
- Some travel required (up to 20%)
Skills and Background
- 5+ years of software development, technical presales, or application development experience; Enterprise software experience preferred
- Hands-on understanding of application development for the Apache Hadoop stack including MapReduce, Hive, Pig and HBase with expertise in Java, Python and SQL.
- Deep understanding of development on Linux environments
- Machine-learning and statistical modeling using R highly desirable
- Sound understanding of NoSQL databases
- Experience collaborating across virtual cross-functional teams that are not under direct control
- Strong and friendly communication skills, both written and verbal
- Social media know-how with an active social profile
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines and get the most from limited resources
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or field/work experience relevant for this position
MapR Technologies, Inc. - 4 months ago