Manages and oversees all aspects of the development and implementation of large, highly complex, multi-platform technology initiatives. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation by defining project scope and objectives, developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Facilitates cross functional teams within one or more of the following business processes: Customer to Cash, Plan to Report, Manufacturing Execution, Hire to Retire
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides project management and direction to ensure overall success of assigned initiatives by developing project implementation plans including project business benefit, scope, objectives, schedule, deliverables and success criteria that support business goals in collaboration with management and project sponsors.
- Coordinates project related activities for cross functional team(s) within business processes such as Customer to Cash, Plan to Report, Manufacturing Execution, Hire to Retire.
- Proactively manages full life-cycle of technology initiatives, including overall project plan, scope, change control, risks, issues, impacts, and reporting through standardization and best practice project implementation.
- Develops an appropriate implementation plan that focuses on current and future functional performance objectives, TCO and compliance with Enterprise standards.3.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks, and devises contingency plans.
- Drafts and submits budget proposals and recommends subsequent budget changes; identifies resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Determines and assesses requests for additional staff and/or consultants and works with and retains outside service providers where needed to complete technology projects.
- Promotes the use and adoption of standard Project Management Methodology (PMM) and supports functional and technical project managers by providing guidance in the usage of PMM.
- Collaborates to develop, and appropriately execute, a change strategy, including stakeholder analysis, communication plans, and adoption plans.
- Determines the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, troubleshoots problem areas and delivers overall progress reports to senior management.
- Negotiates with department managers, when necessary, regarding the support of required personnel within the company to ensure project continuity through completion.
- Manages relationships across organization to develop a thorough understanding of core business functions and align project with overall business objectives.
- Conducts quality assurance audits in support of project quality plan, including project post-mortem assessments and suggests improvements in process or procedure.
- Coaches, mentors, and motivates project team members and contractors and influences them to take positive action and accountability for assigned work.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices and ensures that employees observe all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injuries or damage; schedules periodic safety meetings and solicits recommended changes to improve safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Subject matter expert (SME) in all aspects of project management and applicable business functions/processes such as Customer to Cash, Plan to Report, Manufacturing Execution, Hire to Retire
- Proven track record in successfully managing the implementation of large, highly complex, multi-platform technology initiatives and/or ERP systems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong project management skills and/or Certified Project Manager
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Established strategic and critical analysis skills
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle with experience in Java/Oracle, J2EE solutions, Web applications, portals and collaboration sites
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and eight (8) years experience in project management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Work is in an office setting and generally sedentary with physical effort associated with using a computer, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
· May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
· Occasional travel may be required.
ProBuild - 2 years ago
ProBuild Holdings is where the pros go for building supplies. The company is one of the nation's largest suppliers of building...