The Sr. Technical Revenue Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring the accurate recording of all revenue-related transactions in accordance with GAAP. The Sr. Manager will have a strong knowledge of revenue recognition in a multi-element environment and the ability to interact with Sales, Marketing and other cross-functional teams. This position reports to the Director, Revenue Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring revenue recognition is in compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Perform, analyze and summarize accounting research related to revenue recognition
- Serve as technical reference by analyzing and preparing accounting conclusions related to revenue recognition
- Research and advise on changes in accounting literature and their application within the companys business environment
- Analyze and understand new product and discount offerings to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Ensure revenue accounting policies are documented and applied consistently on a worldwide basis
- Liaison with Sales, Marketing, FP&A and other business groups to understand and resolve revenue recognition issues; provide training and guidance as needed
- Manage VSOE, BESP and other revenue estimate processes
- Support monthly revenue close process as needed
- Prepare revenue related SEC disclosures
- Preparequarterly and annual revenue accounting documentation
- Support quarterly earnings process for revenue-related issues
- Manage and review compliance with SOX for revenue and A/R-related areas
- Liaison with external auditors for quarterly and annual audits
- Ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify key risks areas, contemplate alternatives, draw and support conclusions and recommend and implement changes to drive improvements while mitigating risks
- Help manage resources within the Revenue group
- Build relationships with cross functional team members to influence changes and gather support.
- May take on additional responsibilities or projects, as needed.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills as well as ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate, guide and interact professionally with a wide range of personnel at various levels within the organization to drive sound business decisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work cross-functionally with a divergent group of people.
- Ability to train and develop employees
- Strong presentation and documentation skills
- Strong organization and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize the divergent set of tasks required in the role
- Detail orientated with excellent analytical skills, interested in identifying and fixing problems
- Ability to gather information from ERP and reporting tools
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Mix of 5-8 + years of relevant revenue experience working in a publicly traded company and accounting experience at a Big 4 accounting firm (or regional firm with SEC clients)
- Accounting experience with high tech companies a plus
- Strong working of US GAAP knowledge, with emphasis on SOP 97-2, EITF 08-01 and 09-03 and other revenue recognition accounting literature
- Experience with Order to Cash cycle in an ERP system, JD Edwards, preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence tool
- Strong working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley 404
- BA/BS in Accounting or equivalent experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group. Ability to communicate and resolve issues in a direct and concise manner with poise and tact. Written communications should be detailed and thorough.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Candidate should be detailed oriented and have a solid understanding of financial statements and integrated financial systems. The candidate should be proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to understand and effectively apply technical accounting guidance centered around revenue recognition as it relates to hardware and software sales, as well as services and distributor arrangements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Align Technology - 15 months ago
Align Technology, Inc. is a global medical-device company that pioneered the invisible-orthodontics market with the introduction of the...