The Sr Technical Specialist position reports to Leadership in Information Analytics and Innovation (IA&I) group. This position is responsible for operational tools and automation. This position will also be responsible for interfacing with the DBA team and designing/driving billing models and building tools for resource allocation and workload management on the Teradata platform.
The job responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with IA&I Architecture and other development teams for design patterns, standards and reusable components.
- Working closely with operational owners and driving efficiencies through their domains and organizations through automation and creating the right set of tools.
- Engaging with the DBA team and driving next generation metrics to drive Operational Excellence initiatives through the operations teams.
- Finding opportunities in the areas of Release and Change Management for automation.
- Develop and drive strategy Operational tools by creating a roadmap and aligning with Architecture and development teams
- Collaborate closely with Architecture and Development on Application design.
- Drive capacity requirements on the systems and define and help the adoption of estimation models for application developers to use template based sizing estimates.
- Create forecasting models for capacity based on historical consumption and estimates provided by application developers from new project initiatives.
- Subject Matter Expert on web development tools and design methods.
- 5+ years of experience in large-scale high velocity database production environments.
- Understanding of basic DBA responsibilities as to interface with the DBA team.
- MUST have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds and different experience levels.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work on multiple assignments, activities or projects as required
- Familiar with git for version control
- Open source experience a plus
- Understanding of system and network security best practices
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation and configuration management principles
- Thorough grasp of web application architecture, including TCP/IP, HTTP, load balancing, caching strategies, and other common components.
- Experience building highly available systems
Sears - 2 years ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...