Manage IT servers, network, datacenters and enterprise
software infrastructure. Support consolidation of
multi-location systems infrastructure into single
location and continue to manage the systems for high
availability across the enterprise.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job responsibilities for this position are focused on
management of the following:
· Network infrastructure;
· Active Directory (AD); and
· Unified Communications.
· Oversee all aspects of network infrastructure
including AD structure and design.
· Provide tier 2 helpdesk support and specialized
knowledge for triage support of critical systems.
· Manage connectivity of eight (8) separate facilities
via a Comcast fiber based MPLS network; must be
available on a 24/7 basis to provide support and
resolution for any network, voice or messaging-related
· Responsible for all telecommunications, data
communications and unified communication platform
utilizing Microsoft Enterprise voice solution consisting
of MS Office Communicator 2007 R2, Lync 2010, Microsoft
Exchange Unified Messaging for voicemails, NET media
gateway for PSTN connectivity, Tenor AX\UX media
gateways for analog line delivery to traditional
· Responsible for the maintenance of all infrastructure
and support equipment in a HP centric environment. The
current server infrastructure consists of more than 70
servers (mixed physical and virtual), 250+ PCs, managed
MPLS (Comcast Metronet) network, Trapeze enterprise
wireless and HP switchgear.
· Support data center environment consisting of Cisco
core network equipment and HP server gear,
environment-controlled server room, with emergency
systems including UPS, piped natural gas generator, fire
suppression, card controlled access, dedicated
environmental system and active monitoring. Generator
provides power for not only server room and phone
system, but also for key management computer and
· Provide high-level support for all facilities and
equipment to maintain 99.99% server uptime during
operating hours from 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., 7 days a
· Research and provide hardware solutions that increase
employee productivity by making job functions more
efficient and understandable, while requiring less
effort or providing additional benefits.
· Establish standards and guidelines for hardware,
software, and support levels to ensure that the company
realizes and capitalizes on the best value for all
Network Administration: (cont.)
· Forecasting and budgeting of IT expenditures including
expense and capital projects.
· Manage day-to-day ordering of equipment, renewal of
hardware support, and software licensing agreements.
· Identification and management of all third party
vendors for hardware, services and software support.
· Work directly with hardware/software vendors, reducing
operational costs, and increasing client awareness of
current market trends in attempts for maximum return on
· Play integral role in design, coordination and
execution of corporate office and data center move
including complete overhaul of wide area network
infrastructure from T1 to high-speed fiber MPLS solution
and upgraded all core switches and routers. Worked
around the clock in part of team effort to complete
overnight data center relocation and turn-up.
· Ensure that all needs of Executive Team are addressed
promptly, users have the right equipment and software to
perform tasks at hand, and accommodate any guest
requests within reason and maintain a stable and secure
business network environment to enable success.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
· BS/MS CIS or MIS.
· Microsoft Certified Professional
· Microsoft Certified IT Professional
· Microsoft Voice Specialist
Howard Hughes Corporation - 22 months ago