Senior Technology Support Analyst
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
Once known as a trucking company, UPS is now recognized as a technology company with trucks and is poised for success. Spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology, UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The Senior Technology Support Analyst provides users with support services for corporate standard technology products. He/She provides hardware and software planning, technical advice, and informal training to internal customers. This position organizes and coordinates installation and deployment activities for software, hardware, and network facility upgrades.
The Senior Technology Support Analyst troubleshoots and restores routine technical service and equipment problems within established processes and procedures and makes recommendations for problem prevention. He/She interacts with field locations to standardize support practices and procedures. This position coordinates deployments and implementations with Information Services' (I.S.) departments and user groups and facilitates activities to ensure projects and programs meet established deadlines.
Provides and Delivers System Support
Determines Incident Outcomes
- Configures higher complexity hardware and software installations and removals to comply with user requests.
- Initiates actions to ensure targets are met within established safety and quality procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software tests and corrects malfunctions to ensure proper operation.
- Examines details of hardware and software items installed and removed to conform to procedures.
- Integrates installation procedures, standards, and work schedules to meet business needs.
Deploys Service Delivery
- Investigates incidents and requests to ensure proper handling and alignment with established procedures.
- Establishes and maintains support documentation to meet established policies.
- Provides technical support to resolve user issues.
- Evaluates complex problems to ensure effective actions are taken for resolving systems and services issues.
Primary Skill: Internet Development Architecture & Design
- Evaluates service plans to determine risk factors.
- Organizes implementation schedules with field locations and I.S. staff to ensure effective releases.
- Examines post-release reviews to verify performance and results.
SQL Language - Intermediate
SQL Programming - Intermediate
Java Servlets - Beginner
Web Development Technologies - Intermediate
Internet Development Architecture & Design - Intermediate
Apache Web Server Administration - Intermediate
Java Programming - Beginner
J2EE Development - Beginner
TeamTrack - Beginner
Cognos - Beginner
The desired Senior Technology Support Analyst will possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- 3-5 years experience in a systems support analyst role.
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...