Be the key technical liaison for day to day operations.
Provide application support for all aspects of the Avaya PBX platform and associated adjuncts. This includes integration support for the PBX and any other vendor escalations
Daily monitor and maintain telephony enterprise and assure maximum system uptime, component patching, alarm resolution and disaster recovery continued operations planning
Work very closely with the PBX Services Supervisor and other ETSD staff to help translate client requirements into system configuration.
Work with vendors and communicate status updates to management.
Proactively analyze, troubleshoot and resolve telecommunications system alarms and circuit issues in a timely manner.
Perform routine system analysis and maintenance for local and remote locations with no impact to the end-user community.
Provide management with monthly reports detailing overall system health, performance and alarm logging.
Maintain documentation for all telecommunications systems such as, routing, trunking,
and voice announcement scripts.
Be expected to perform other related duties as directed, but not limited to system backups, system archival; non-technical duties as, meetings and conference calls.
Interim clearance acceptable. Must be able to obtain Secret clearance.
The position is located in Rockville, MD.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Works with team members and business units to maintain an enterprise wide, converged voice strategy and unified dial plan.
Work with Telecom Vendors to establish and manage relationships and services.
- Ensures high availability of our critical contact center infrastructure.
- Assists in maintaining high availability of critical voice services.
- Evaluates new and emerging voice, video and mobile technologies; recommends solutions that address business unit objectives within the organization.
- Acts as a liaison for internal customers and third party vendors.
- Fosters and maintains a close working relationship with the other members within the team.
- Administers and manages hardware and software upgrades to our voice systems.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation and processes.
- Responsible for full telecom disaster recovery support.
Qualifications Specific Requirements:
· Have a good working knowledge and background in Contact Center technologies and operations, VoIP & SIP telephony experience.
· Have excellent communication and customer/vendor relations experience.
· Must be capable and comfortable with working in a team setting; sharing knowledge, skills and specific abilities in an effort to enhance overall team proficiency.
5+ years of experience and knowledge of Avaya systems, G3r, S87xx, S8500, Media Servers, G450, 650, 600, 350, 700 Media Gateways, Avaya Session Manager, AES (Application Enablement Services), Avaya Communications Manager and adjuncts, Avaya Modular Messaging, CMS, VoIP implementation, Avaya One-X Mobile & EC500. Additional Desired Requirements:
- 5+ years of hands-on VoIP/SIP experience a must. 5+ years of experience in the design and troubleshooting of enterprise-class telephony and LAN/WAN environments.
- Technical experience and competency with the following: Data Networking; VoIP & Quality of Service H.323 & SIP endpoints; DHCP; VLAN.
- Proficient in the installation and maintenance of Avaya communication systems including TDM and Converged based technologies.
- Capable of managing special assigned projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and customer facing skills.
- Excellent problem solver with strong trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Prior experience mentoring co-workers and/or internal customers to transfer technical knowledge a plus.
- Prior experience in technical documentation tasks a must, systems maintenance and business continuity processes a plus.
Knowledge of one or more of the following disciplines:
- Carrier SIP Services
- Distributed network sniffers/analyzers
- SIP integration to Avaya AES, Session Manager and adjuncts (T-Server, SIP Server)
ARRAY Information Technology - 22 months ago