Performs a variety of electronic and technical assignments on data communications equipment and systems under general supervision. Completes terminal troubleshooting using appropriate diagnostic equipment. Installs terminals, controllers, and test equipment and restores nonworking lines and/or equipment to working condition. Maintains liaison with outside vendors and orders circuits and/or equipment as required. Requires knowledge of specific modems, test equipment, and terminal configuration. May develop recommendations for the combined usage of data processing and telephone system hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes trouble reports and performs maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
- Assists in the development and implementation of telecommunications solutions and enhancements.
- Implements, supports, and tests system patching, hardening, and hardware/software upgrades, system updates, and break/fix activities on telecommunications equipment.
- Provide daily MAC programming and installation support for desktop phones, extension assignments, voice mail, fax machines, etc.
- Diagnose trouble and assist with installations on T-1 circuits; ISDN/PRI, ISDN/BRI, DID, troubleshoot IP telephony issues.
- Interacts with internal and external customer groups to perform necessary telecommunications configuration or repairs.
- Support of technical solutions within the company's voice and data network, contact center telecommunications environments voice and video conferencing systems, reporting systems, voicemail, quality monitoring, computer telephony integration, screen pop, call routing within the telephony environment, and application support.
Education and Experience:
Minimum 5 years of experience in telephony systems, service and installation required.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Certifications in Avaya or Cisco: Certified Support Specialist – Call Pilot, Certified Support Specialist Communication Server 1000 - Releases 5.5 or higher.
3 years experience with VOIP preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
In-depth knowledge of telecommunication Equipment, Phone Switches, software, hardware, phones
Technical expertise of telecommunications operations, systems and management.
Experience in network and telecommunications applications.
Call center support and experience with call management systems and advanced administration.
Peripheral Devices - operation, monitoring and maintenance of systems that include modems, cables, converters, uninterruptable power supply and protection equipment.
Basic IT understanding of network topology, equipment & terminology.
Working knowledge of Contact Center.
Must be able to set priorities and demonstrate timely and effective response to customer and team member needs.
Demonstrate a strong aptitude for technical understanding.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Phone Switches, software, hardware, phones and all related equipment, PCs, and spreadsheets.
This is where the Six Million Dollar Man could come for repairs, along with athletes and anyone else who has ever needed knee, foot, or...